Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Old Man's Girlfriend Learned Me Good

Rain is a form of precipitation, other forms of which include snow, sleet, hail,
and dew. Rain forms when separate drops of water fall to the Earth's surface
from clouds. Not all rain reaches the surface, however; some evaporates while
falling through dry air. When none of it reaches the ground, it is called virga,
a phenomenon often seen in hot, dry desert regions. The scientific explanation
of how rain forms and falls is called the Bergeron process.


The full Wikipedia article

Sorry, just hold on a sec while I check something:-- form of precipitation…snow, sleet…fall to the Earth’s surface…evaporates…dry air…hot, dry…scientific explanation…Bergeron process. Yip, just checking, and no mention of the moon.

My Old Man's girlfriend started telling me about her plans for “Our Summer Season Party” [ed note: don’t get me started].

IdiotRicket01: I checked the calendar and it’s only really [select random date] that we can have it because the moon is full.

At this point there was a pregnant pause while she waited with excitement to tell me why it had to be full moon and while I cringed as I contemplated asking the question I knew I had to ask.

Me: Why does it have to be full moon.
Her: Because it doesn’t rain when it’s full moon.

Of course! Silly me. At full moon the fairies come and sprinkle their magic rain away dust while the Hobgoblins chant against the rain. How could I forget?!

I laughed at her in disbelief.

Her: Really. [Insert name of random friend whose name was dropped like I should know who she is here] told me so.

Oh, well, in that case 400 years of SCIENTIFIC REASON must concede. If [idiotic hippy friend with bangles made of goat intestine to ward away the chipped nail demons] says so I must bow to her superior knowledge. I’m sure she is using the appropriate karma crystals and dances clockwise around the room, so who am I to argue. Shame on you Academia – filling my head with lies for all these years. Thanks jackie for setting me right.

How great it is that Wikipedia is community based, so now I can edit the post accordingly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure this post has touched all the internet people, its really really pleasant post on building up new
webpage.

My web site; weightloss centers

10:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home