Thursday, September 21, 2006

"The Hamster" Critical

I was pretty bummed to wake up this morning to the news Richard Hammmond of Top Gear Extra is in a critical condition in a Leeds hospital.



Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a serious condition after being injured
in a 300mph car crash.

The 36-year-old was filming an attempt to break
the British land speed record when his jet-powered dragster overturned.

Full story

Two days ago I saw an episode of Top Gear that blew my mind so much I had been meaning to include in the Ramble this week. First, they played ice hockey - with Minis. Then, they took a a mini, strapped skis and a couple of rockets to the back and sent it down a ski jump (sans driver of course). It was awesome. In the words of Hammond himself, "bringing new heights...to cocking about". Classic my man, classic.

Get well soon bugger.

Update: Sorry, the cars in the ice hockey bit were Suzukis. Thanks to Pert Spice for pointing that out to me. I bow to your superiority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home