Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday Ramble 16/09/2005

The moment of the week I know you have all been anticipating.

There is an ad on the radio for some medical aid company at the moment and their angle is something like “We capture all the information you send. Electronically!” Not for the first time in my life, I can’t help but wonder at the capacity people have to be gigantically stupid. I mean talk about a company on the cutting edge of technology. I bet that if someone invented some sort of ‘device’ that through an ‘interface’ you could manually enter numbers and it would ‘automatically’ perform mathematic calculations on those numbers, they would use one too.

Common Sense (Pty) Ltd started out as a joke with The Old Man, but the more I look at it, the more serious I become about starting it. Here is my business proposal (in all its technical glory): People bring their business plans and whatnot to me, and I say either “I like it” or “You are being an idiot. Go sit in the corner and think about what you have done”. Half the advertising agencies will be out of business within a week. Between the Mugabe administration and the Bush family, there aren’t enough corners in all the world.

I thought this was quite funny: Isn't it a violation of the Georgia sodomy law for the Supreme Court to have its head up its ass? ~Letter to Playboy magazine, February 1987 (I’m assuming the letter was dealing with gay rights).

Blou Bulle: Destroy the gay province poesse, without injuring any of our boks. Thanks.

Bong: Spoke to Jim when he was a little bit hammered, but managed to gather you had an op on your knee. Hope you are feeling ok my guy. What date have you set to snap it again in some drunken accident? (ie. When are you next getting drunk?) Actually Jimbo said something about putting you up on a tennis umpire’s chair and making you funnel, so it’s probably already happened.

Mrs. Smythers: Thanks for making me dust off my Pink Floyd’s the Wall and remembering what a fantastic album it is.

Knaps: You sneaky puffadder

Hobbo: You even sneakier puffadder

Jo’burg people:
Celebrate we will
Because life is short but sweet for certain
We’re climbing two by two
To be sure these days continue,
These things we cannot change

All the other people: A couple of deep thoughts courtesy Jack Handy…
- I wonder if angels believe in ghosts.

- Too bad Lassie didn't know how to ice skate, because then if she was in Holland on vacation in winter and someone said "Lassie, go skate for help," she could do it.

- I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled-up tobacco leaves.

- Instead of studying for finals, what about just going to the Bahamas and catching some rays? Maybe you'll flunk, but you might have flunked anyway; that's my point.

As we head on into the weekend, I thought W. Somerset Maugham came up with an excuse as good as any: “Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit”. Have an exhilarating weekend party people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home